Christmassy :: Pick a Pine Tree :: Patricia Toht & Jarvis

December 10, 2019

Tonight I wanted to share the book that has been our favourite bedtime story so far this Christmas - Pick a Pine Tree by Patricia Toht (with illustrations by Jarvis).

This book is so divine! Just look at that pretty cover - I always love foil detail, and the red on here is so lovely!

The book is about how a pine tree brought home and decorated becomes a Christmas tree, and is told in rhyming text. It is an absolute delight to read aloud, and all of the illustrations are just so beautiful. There is a lot to look at in each picture - I feel like we find a new detail every time we read it (ie every night!). My photos here really don't capture just how lovely they are - I recommend popping over to Patricia Toht's website to have a look at some more!


Ultimately, I feel like this book is about sharing the joy of Christmas, and it was definitely a magical read for me. If you're looking to add to your Christmas picture book collection I can't recommend it highly enough!

xo Bron

***
Pick a Pine Tree by Patricia Toht, illustrated by Jarvis
Released Oct 2017 by Walker Books
Source: I impulse bought this one when I was shopping online (actually, it was when I was buying a copy of Animology, which featured in last night's post!) and it was recommended to me at the checkout!
Format: Hard cover picture book
Themes: Christmas, traditions

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is such a cute Picture book. I might have to get a copy for my nephews! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really so gorgeous! I hope they enjoy it too if you do!

      Delete
  2. This book sounds SO ADORABLE.
    I utterly adore the illustrations, and I love love love, that it's told in rhyme, too. Those were some of my favourite stories as a kid.
    And I am so glad that A is enjoying it every single night. Those are the stories that stay with you.
    This has put such a smile on my face!
    💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really so perfect! I must hunt out more of Jarvis' work! Those illustrations!

      Delete

Subscribe