#BookishBloggersUnite :: books I'm excited about - 2018 part 2

June 29, 2018

Hello! After a bit of a hiatus from participating in Bookish Bloggers Unite, I am back this week (And hosting, no less!).  Bookish Bloggers Unite is a weekly meme we started as a place to talk about our favourite books, TBR piles, and to share the love about our reading lives. We have a different host each week, and every one is invited to sign up to the linky and join in!



This weekend marks the halfway point of the year (I know, can you believe it?!) and while I've been thinking a bit about my favourite books so far this year, I'm also super excited about the books still to come. So I thought it would be fun to share some of the books we're excited to read about in the second half of 2018. These could be new releases, or books you've had on your TBR stack forever. If you want to share yours please link up below, or leave a comment so we can all come and check it out!

I've picked out 5 6 7 (it's hard to narrow them down! haha) mostly #loveozya (and mostly new release) books that I am super excited to read between now and the end of the year...


Hive - A.J. Betts
I first came across Hive right after I read Zac & Mia by A.J. Betts (you can see my review of that one here). I don't really know anything about it, except bees, but I enjoyed Zac & Mia so much that I was super keen to get my hands on it. Hive actually came out this week, and the lovely people at Pan Macmillan have sent me a copy, so look out for a review of this one soon!
Out now from Pan Australia


Meet Me at the Intersection - edited by Rebecca Lim and Ambelin Kwaymullina
This is an anthology of short fiction, memoir and poetry by authors who are First Nations, People of Colour, LGBTIQA+ or living with disability. I don't read a lot of short stories etc, but this sounds so brilliant that I just couldn't resist. I'm super excited to have a copy of this one already - thanks to Fremantle Press, so you'll be hearing more about this one soon too!
Out in September from Fremantle Press

City of Lies - Sam Hawke
Sam Hawke is a local Canberra author, and her debut novel, City of Lies, sounds really cool. It's a big fat fantasy novel, and the first in a new series, about poison and treachery and murder. Bantam Press have kindly sent me a copy of this one.
Out in  August from Bantam Press (Penguin Books)


After the Lights Go Out - Lili Wilkinson
I loved Lili Wilkinson's Boundless Sublime - a creepy YA novel about a girl who gets caught up in a cult - and I'm a bit of a doomsday preppers fan, so I'm absolutely busting to read Lili's newest book about a group of prepper sisters and the end of the world.
Out in August from Allen and Unwin


Corpselight and Restoration - Angela Slatter
This is a bit of a cheat, because I'm sneaking in two books here! These are the second and third books in Angela Slatter's Verity Fassbinder series. I'm currently in the middle of book 1 - Vigil - and loving it. It's urban fantasy and feels kind of like Buffy meets Veronica Mars and all grown up. I'm super keen to finish Vigil and read Corpselight before Restoration comes out in August. And OMG that cover!
Corpselight is out now, and Restoration is out in August from Jo Fletcher Books (Hachette/Quercus)

The Rift - Rachael Craw
This is another one that I saw pitched at the All Day YA Teencon session, and I thought it sounded amazing! The media campaign has been really cool for this - I have loved seeing the new snippets released each full moon. I've been lucky enough to have this sent to me by Walker, so keep and eye out for my thoughts on it closer to the release date!
Out Nov 1 from Walker Books Australia


Wide Big World - Maxine Beneba Clarke & Isobel Knowles
I've talked here a bunch of times about how much I like Maxine Beneba Clarke's writing, and that is just as true for her picture book The Patchwork Bike as the other books of hers I've read. I'm always keeping my eye out for diverse picture books to help my 4 year old see that not everyone is like her, and I'm certain that this one is going to be a favourite.
Out in October from Hachette
So, those are 7 of the books I'm most excited about reading in the second half of 2018. I'd love to know what other book lovers have on their radars! Is there something I've shouldn't miss? (because obviously I need more books on my TBR!). Leave me a comment, or post and add a link to your post below!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great selection - I don’t think I’ve heard of any of these!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe