Library loans :: The Stella Prize Longlist

February 18, 2019

When the longlist for the Stella Prize - a major literary award for women's writing in Australia - was announced I immediately logged onto my library account to start requesting some of the titles. I did pretty well - about 10 days later and my loans for 4 of the fiction titles are in already!


I wrote a bit last year about my issues with prize lists and reader's FOMO - I always want to read ALL THE BOOKS, which is obviously not possible. This year my plan is to start with the fiction books - 7 of the 12 longlisted books are fiction and I'd like to read them all. Once the shortlist is announced (on March 8) I might try to read the shortlisted non-fiction, although to be honest I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to non-fiction that is going to give me big feelings!

You can see the full longlist, and find out more about each of the 12 books on it, here.

I'll keep you posted on how I go with my Stella reading plans, and in the meantime I'd love to know who else is reading the Stella Prize longlist this year, and whether you have read and loved any of the longlisted books?

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe