Sunday Stack :: #loveozya :: Gold Inky Longlist

March 24, 2019

I have previously written a bit about my love of literary prize lists - and how I always want to read ALL THE BOOKS on them (check out my post on the topic from this time-ish last year here), and given my love for Australian YA it is probably no surprise that the Gold Inky awards long list is one of my favourites!

In case you haven't come across the Inky awards before, they are Australia's teen choice book awards. There are two categories - the Gold Inky award is for Australian YA books, and the Silver award goes to an international YA book. The longlists - of 10 books each - were announced about 2 weeks ago, and a panel of teen judges will decide on shortlists later in year which will then be voted on by readers between 12 and 19 years of age to find the winners.


As it turned out, this year I already own 8 of the Gold Inky longlisted books, and what able to pick up the other two from my local library. I've read four of these already, and can't wait to get to the others!

Here is the list, with links to Goodreads in case you want to add them to your tbr!

The Art of Taxidermy - Sharon Kernot
This is a novel in verse, and I started reading it a few days ago.

A Thousand Perfect Notes - C.G. Drews
This is a contemporary YA which I read last year

White Night - Ellie Marney

I am out with Lanterns - Emily Gale

Ice Wolves - Amie Kaufman
This one is the first in a new series - the second book actually came out last week. I read  it last year and really enjoyed it! These read on the younger end of YA (I actually thought they were middle grade)

Hive - A.J. Betts
This was one of my favourite reads last year! I raved about it here. (I was sent a free review copy of this one for review, but enjoyed it so much I bought a finished copy for myself)

After the Lights Go Out - Lili Wilkinson
I was so excited about this one that I have ended up with two copies! I'm giving one away this week, so make sure you pop over to my instagram page to check it out if you'r'e interested!

Whisper - Lynette Noni
Another  one of my favourites from last year - check out my review here.

Amelia Westlake - Erin Gough
I picked this up as soon as it was released after seeing Erin Gough at the Sydney Writers Festival YA day in 2017.

Lifel1k3 - Jay Kristoff

I'm trying to give myself a bit of a break from the trying to read all the things all at once, but I definitely want to read these all at some stage during the year. I think I might aim for one a month until I get through them - and I'll maybe add in some of the CBCA noteables too.

Let me know in the comments - which award lists are you reading? And have you read any of these books yet? Also, don't forget to check out my instagram account if you'd like to win a copy of After the Lights Go Out!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe