Canberra Writers Festival 2017

August 27, 2017

If you follow me on Instagram (@bookishbron)  you'll know I have just spent most of my weekend having a wonderfully bookish time at the Canberra Writers Festival. I went to four sessions, two on each day, and ate lunch in the sunshine yesterday while today it apparently snowed at lunchtime. Hello almost spring in Canberra haha.


 

While the festival is held at a bunch of venues across the city, all four sessions I attended were at the National Library of Australia. It is such a beautiful building, and in a perfect setting, it was a pleasure to spend the weekend there. The sun, the lake, the stained glass windows. Heart eyes for days.

 

The sessions I saw were:
They were honestly all so fantastic, and I am looking forward to reading all of their books. I am always so grateful to authors for being so open and sharing so much of their process and themselves at these events, and, to be honest, also for coming to Canberra (which has, in general, fewer and smaller events).

 

I managed be quite restrained in terms of my shopping, picking up only three new books over the two days (although, in the interest of full disclosure, I have every intention of finding Ellie Marney's latest book (No Limits) tomorrow, and getting both Richard Fidler's and Jaclyn Marney's new books (Saga Land and The Extremely Inconvenient Adventures of Bronte Mettlestone, respectively) when they come out later in the year).

 
Thank you so much to everyone behind the Canberra Writers Festival for a wonderful weekend - I'm excited about next year already! 

 
Xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe