Sunday stack :: The Stella Prize longlist

February 18, 2018

Kind of a mini stack tonight - I have a bunch of books to talk about, but only these three in my hands. These are books that have been longlisted for The Stella Prize, a literary award for Australian women's writing - both fiction and non-fiction - you can read more about it on the Stella Prize website here.

The longlist for the Stella Prize consists of 12 books, and the shortlist of 6 will be announced on International Women's day - Thursday 8th March, and we'll find out who the winner is on 12 April. Last year I bought a set of the 6 shortlisted books from Readings and really enjoyed reading them. I only got through 4 by the time that the winner was announced, so this year I'm planning to start reading from the longlist, in the hope that I'll have a couple of the shortlist read already.

So these are the three I have managed to get my hands on already, either on loan from friends or the library...


 
I have seen The Choke around a bit, but the other two - like many of the books on the longlist - have not been on my radar at all, which is one of the fantastic things abut reading an award list like this - they are things I haven't heard about and would not have picked up otherwise.

You can see all of the longlisted books, and find out a bit more about them - including the judges report for each over on the Stella website. If you have read any of the longlist I'd love to hear what you thought, and will be happy to take any advice on which to read next after these three!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe