Sunday book stack :: movie adaptations

June 18, 2017

I'm off to see the new movie adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's My Cousin Rachel today. I read the book last month and really enjoyed it (I wrote a bit about it here), so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it on the big screen. So for today's book stack I pulled out some books we have at home that have been made into films.


 
I haven't seen (or read) all of these, but there are some that had fantastic adaptations (the Dressmaker!), and some, well, less fantastic (ahem, Paper Towns).


Anyhow, this also made me think about what some of my favourite adaptations are. The first one that came to mind was The Hunger Games series. I loved the books, and thought the films (all of them)  were just so perfect.

 
Another book & movie pair where I like both as much as the Hunger Games, is Interview with the Vampire. I kind of adore the Vampire Chronicles series, and I loved the movie too.


So, we all know that the book is always (usually) better, but I'd love to know if you have a favourite book to film adaptation? Let me know in the comments!


xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe