Sunday book stack

June 05, 2017

Just a quick post today to say 'hi' and share my current library loan stack. These are the books I have out on loan right now and there are some good ones in there!


 
So, the two most exciting and long awaited are Into the Water by Paula Hawkins (of The Girl on the Train fame) and Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel (the sequel to Sleeping Giants, which was one of my favourite reads last year). These are the two I'm going to have to read right away, since they have people waiting to borrow them and I can't renew my loans. I will definitely tell you more about them before I send them back though - even if it is only to share the amazing cover on Waking Gods!

The Circle (by Mats Strandberg and Sara Elfgren), The Virgin Cure  (by Ami McKay), and Cooper Bartholemew Is Dead (by Rebecca James) you might recognize from my May library stack - these are all books I've picked up on a bit of a whim when I've seen them at the library, or when someone recommended them to me. 

 The Sidekicks is by Will Kostakis, who I had the great pleasure of meeting during the Sydney Writers' Festival in May - I picked it up hoping to read it before the Festival, but hearing him speak about it has made me even more keen to read it (so much so, in fact, that I've been keeping an eye out for it when I'm in book shops so I can have a copy to keep!).

And that tiny one on top there - Destination Simple (Brooke Mcalary) - is kind of a self help/lifestyle-y kind of book about slowing down and taking joy from the 'rituals and rhythms' of life. I often get a bit excited about these kinds of books, because I'm really into the ideas behind them, but to be honest the actual books are never quite my cup of (mindfully brewed) tea.

So there you go - my library books for June! My list of current library holds is looking pretty small just now (I only have hold requests on 3 books!), so I don't think this will change much over the next few weeks. How about you? I'd love to know what everyone has out from their library at the moment! Let me know in the comments if you'd like =)

Xo Bron

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wishing you the best of reading days to get all these done! You're a champ! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe