Review :: We'll Always Have Christmas :: Jenny Hale

November 15, 2017

You wouldn't know it from my November/December TBR pile, but I'm a relative newcomer to the cosy Christmas romance/romcom novel. A few years ago (probably in 2013 when I was pregnant at Christmas and had all the feelings!) I got really into Hallmark Christmas movies -you know, those super sweet, small town America (or New York), quirky character, single mum meets handsome dad kind of movies that are so terrible and cheesy that they are actually quite wonderful. 


My Hallmark Christmas movie obsession (grew) and eventually I figured that since I was enjoying the movies so much it was worth giving a book a try (also, the covers are amazing, and I'll pick up anything with a spectacular cover haha), and after one or two I was pretty hooked.

One of the first authors I read and enjoyed was Jenny Hale. Her stories are super sweet, and the relationships are well written (although her women can be a bit on the too neurotic side). So of course I jumped at he chance to review her latest festive release, We'll Always Have Christmas.




Christmas has always been a special time for Noelle Parker. Winter evenings spent with family and friends, drinking hot chocolate and eating cookies at her family’s cozy bakery have shaped her love for all things festive. But this year everything is changing…

The beloved bakery is facing closure and Noelle needs a miracle to save Christmas.


Baking and snow are two of my favourite things in a cosy Christmas story - and this has plenty of both! I loved reading about the bakery and how it made Noelle feel connected to her late grandma. This also had an element of lost love mystery to it, which I really loved. 

I did find the story a little bit slow to start, but once it got going I thought it was fantastic, and I felt quite swept up into Noelle's festive world.

This was my favourite of Jenny Hale's Christmas books so far, and I think it would make a great place to start if you're new to the world of festive romance.

I gave this one four sparkly stars!

We'll Always Have Christmas is out now from bookouturereceived a review copy in exchange for an honest review, but only chose to read it because it sounded like a book I would enjoy (life's too short to read books we don't think we'll enjoy). All opinions on my blog are my own, and I wouldn't tell you it a book was good if I didn't really think so. =) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe