Sunday stack :: April book haul

April 29, 2018

April is my birthday month, so between getting some books as presents from others and feeling like I 'deserve' to buy myself a few extra treats, it is generally a pretty big haul month. This time around there have also been a couple of events I've shopped for/at (although, after not purchasing a single book at Speculate yesterday I'm feeling quite well behaved haha). So, the new books that have made their way into my possession this April....

 

A bunch of these were given to me as gifts mostly for my birthday (and make me feel so lucky to have friends who know my taste so well!)..
  • Small Great Things (This will be my first Jodi Picoult read!)
  • Renegades (I have had my eye on this since it came out! I love Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles, and I can't wait to see what this is like!)
  • I Let You Go  (A friend found herself with two copies of this and loved it so passed on on for me to read)
  • Great Australian Girls (I had not heard of this and am so excited to check it out - stories about amazing Australian women and girls are MY FAVOURITE)
  • The Yellow House (My favourite booksellers - Harry Hartog - surprised me with a copy of this year's Vogels Award winner when I popped in the day after my birthday!)
  • The Seven Deaths of  Evelyn Hardcastle (My BFF gave me this one - It's our May book club book)
  • The Mime Order (I had a copy of this but it was a different size to my other books in the series - I can't even tell you how happy my heart feels to have this matching one!)
I bought Leah on the Offbeat (YAY new Becky Albertali!) and Stone Girl (DOUBLE YAY!! New #loveozya) with a book voucher that was also a present, so they kind of count with the above too =)

Convergence is a #loveozYA fantasy novel which was sent to me by the lovely team at Harbour Publishing - I'm looking forward to reading this before Emergence - book 2 in the Kindred Ties series - comes out.

Amelia Westlake I picked up as soon as I saw it in store - I haven't got to it yet, but have heard FANTASTIC things from a friend that has read it already. (It is queer #loveozya - I saw author Erin Gough at the Sydney Writers' Festival last year, and have been looking forward to picking this up since she mentioned there that it was on its way!)

The Diary of a Bookseller looks super fun - it came in my April Book Forest Crate box =)

Growing Up Aboriginal in Australia is another one I've been looking forward to getting my hands on since I saw it was coming out. It is an anthology compiled by Anita Heiss,

The Beast's Heart is another brand new #loveozYA novel -a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, from the Beast's perspective. It's the debut novel for local Canberra author Leif Shallcross, and I picked it up at the launch this week. Angela Slatter was at the launch too, and I picked up Corpselight the same night (the second book in her Verity Fassbinder series - I'm about halfway through book 1 and loving it!)

Missing from the stack (on account of currently being on loan to a friend) is Whistle in the Dark - we're reading this one for bookclub at Harry Hartog this month.

And that's my April in new books =) Keep an eye out for more about these soon - a couple of them will be headed stright to the top of my TBR.

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe