Kids' books :: Deer-lightful

June 20, 2017

I'm a sucker for a local author, and a total sucker for my 3 year old getting excited about books, so when she asked me if she could 'pleeeeeeeaaaaaase' have Deer-lightful by Canberra yoga instructor Suzanna Thell, I was powerless to say no.


This book really is deer-lightful. The illustrations (by Yuti McLean) are divine. It's about a musk deer who learns that sometimes to find what you're looking for you just need to look within yourself, with the story told through a yoga sequence.


And this is where it gets pretty clever - the yoga bits to go with each page of the story are shown on a little tab, which folds out to tell you how to do that pose. I love it!


If that isn't charming enough, a percentage of each book sale will go to the World Peace Flame education package in Australia which supports teachers in "changing attitudes and building skills among primary school children in terms of peace, tolerance and respect".


I'm not sure how widely available Deer-lightful is in bookshops, but I have seen it around in a few places in Canberra, or you can order it online here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe