Read Harder Challenge update

July 23, 2017

Would it be too much of a cliché for me to start this by asking whether anyone can believe we have passed the halfway mark of the year already? I've enjoyed hearing (reading) people's thoughts on their reading year so far, and thought it would be good to check in with where I'm up to in the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. The titles in regular font I've read, and the ones in italics are things I'm planning to read.

 

  1. Read a book about sports - Breaking the Mould
  2. Read a debut novel - The Dry
  3. Read a book about books - The Burning Page
  4. Read a book set in Central or South America, written by a Central or South American author.
  5. Read a book by an immigrant or with a central immigration narrative - The Boat
  6. Read an all-ages comic - Gotham Academy
  7. Read a book published between 1900 and 1950 - Rebecca
  8. Read a travel memoir.
  9. Read a book you’ve read before - The Queen of the Tearling
  10. Read a book that is set within 100 miles of your location - Only Daughter
  11. Read a book that is set more than 5000 miles from your location - The Good People
  12. Read a fantasy novel - The Fate of the Tearling
  13. Read a nonfiction book about technology.
  14. Read a book about war - Beast's Garden
  15. Read a YA novel by an author who identifies as LGBTQ+ - The Fly Wheel
  16. Read a book that has been banned or frequently challenged in your country - Sidekicks
  17. Read a classic by an author of color.
  18. Read a superhero comic with a female lead - Ms Marvel
  19. Read a book in which a character of color goes on a spiritual journey.
  20. Read an LGBTQ+ romance novel  - Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
  21. Read a book published by a micropress. -Where Shadows Rise
  22. Read a collection of stories by a woman - The Birds and Other Stories
  23. Read a collection of poetry in translation on a theme other than love.
  24. Read a book wherein all POV characters are people of color - When Dimple Met Rishi
 

I'm counting 14 as done, so 10 to go. You can see I have ideas for most of them, but suggestions are welcome for the tasks I haven't got titles against yet. I think the trickiest for me is going to be the collection of poetry in translation - I actually have no idea where to even start with that one!


I'd love to hear about how you're going with your 2017 reading goals, if you set any? Let me know in the comments below!


xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe