Sunday Stack :: February Book Mail

March 03, 2019

Just popping in today to share a stack of books I received in the mail throughout February. Some of these I was lucky enough to be sent for free by their publishers (keep an eye out for reviews coming soon!), and others I treated myself to (because obviously too many books is never enough!).

From the top...

*What I Like About You by Jenna Guillaume (out now)
The lovely folks at Pan Macmillan sent me an ARC for reviewing over Christmas, and were kind enough to send a finished copy last week! You can see my review of this gorgeous #loveozya read here.

* Welcome to Orphancorp, Psynode, and Prisoncorp by Marlee Jane Ward (pub 29 April)
I have only heard great things about Welcome to Orphancorp, so when Brio Books had copies of the third book Prisoncorp available for review I jumped at the chance and bought myself the first two so I can catch up on the story. I think these might make a great long weekend binge!

* Pre-Raphaelite Girl Gang by Kirsty Stonell Walker (out now)
If you follow me on instagram you'll know it has been all about the Pre-Raphaelites for me this week - I saw the Love and Desire exhibition at the National Gallery on Wednesday, and then Kate Forsyth was talking about the art and how it inspired her novel Beauty in Thorns at the gallery yesterday (more about this coming soon!), so I couldn't resist buying myself a copy of this when I came across it online!

*The Scholar by Dervla McTiernan (out now)
This one wasn't actually for me at all, but was the latest book I've received copies to drop in my role as a book ninja for Books on the Rail - they teamed up with Harper Collins to send out a bunch of copies for a coordinated drop this week. I left mine at bus stops around the National Library and National Gallery, and they all disappeared so I am hoping they have gone to good book loving homes!

*The True Queen by Zen Cho (pub 12 March)
I thought Zen Cho's Sorcerer to the Queen was a great read, so I was really happy to receive this in the mail from Pan Macmillan.

*The Cinema at Starlight Creek by Alli Sinclair (pub 20 May)
Usually when I receive advance copies for review from publishers they are books that I have requested, but occasionally I get a surprise in the post! This was one of those packages that I wasn't expecting but was pleased that Harper Collins sent it to me, since I really enjoyed Alli Sinclair's Burning Fields last year (you can see my review here).

*Gingerbread by Helen Oyeyemi (pub 12 March)
This is one of my most anticipated books for the first half of 2019 - I have read a couple of Oyeyemi's other books and always find her work intriguing and beautifully written. I'm so grateful to Pan Macmillan for sending me this one!

So, there's my book mail haul from the last month or so - I feel super lucky to have so many wonderful new books, and can't wait to get into them and start sharing my feeling about them with you!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe