Sunday Stack :: Holiday Reads

April 21, 2019

If you're anything like me, reading material might be the first thing you pack when preparing for a holiday - I generally pull out a few books I think I might like to take and add or take away from the pile for a week or so before we head off. Of course, I always pack more than I can actually read in the time we a re away - especially since I tend to bring along a few craft project too! We're currently staying with my parents for the Easter break, and I thought I'd share the little stack that came with me on this trip. I feel like three books for 10 days away is pretty sensible (except for the fact that one of those is over 800 pages haha)...



The Familiars :: Stacey Halls
This was the book included in the March box from  The Bookish Escape Crate. I love working with Whitney as their resident blogger/reviewer - her book choices are always interesting reads (even when they aren't ones I would choose myself!) and I love seeing how she has translated themes from the books into the accompanying candles and teas. As always, my review of this one will be up on The Bookish Escape Crate website when I'm done!

The Priory of the Orange Tree :: Samantha Shannon
I talked a little bit about this one a few weeks ago, as part of my April shiny covers post. If I don't get to it over this weekend I might save it for our long weekend in May, since I feel like a big book like this deserves some serious reading time, rather than bits and pieces here and there.

The True Story of Maddie Bright :: Mary-Rose MacColl
I received this one in the mail from the team at Allen & Unwin a few weeks ago, and it's the one I've chosen to read first from this stack. It has three narratives told in three different years, decades apart. I'm looking forward to seeing how the narratives draw together.

I'd love to hear what everyone has been reading this Easter long-weekend - leave me a comment if you'd like to share!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe