Review :: The Beachside Christmas :: Karen Clarke

December 04, 2017

From Goodreads... 

When Lily Ambrose needs a fresh start, she remembers her happy childhood holidays in the seaside town of Shipley, and decides it’s the perfect place for a cosy Christmas hideaway.

Keen to make new friends, Lily promises to source a celebrity to turn on the Christmas lights. But when reality star Ollie turns up with his cameraman Craig, with plans to make a TV show out of his stay, things quickly go awry.

Ollie is gorgeous but unruly, and soon decides that staging a romance with a normal girl – a girl like Lily – is exactly what he needs to save his fading reputation…

With new neighbours to impress, and Ollie’s over-enthusiastic attentions to fend off, can Lily bring the Christmas cheer back to Shipley – and find herself a real kiss under the mistletoe?



The Beachside Christmas was just as cheesy and as fun as it sounds (and I kind of loved it!)
This is another cosy romance that is part of a series, and I felt like exactly the right amount of background was given about the characters - it definitely made me want to read the others in the series.
This was probably the funniest of the Christmassy books I’ve read this year - the characters were quite silly, in a good way, and the ‘friendly’ Christmas lights competition was well written.
I gave this one 3 stars and a festive bottle of Baileys

Bron xo

The Beachside Christmas is out now. I received review an e-book copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, but only chose to read it because it sounded like a book I would enjoy (life's too short to read books we don't think we'll enjoy). All opinions on my blog are my own, and I wouldn't tell you it a book was good if I didn't really think so. =)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe