Book stack :: Dewey's Oct :: tbr

October 27, 2019

I had all intentions of participating - at least some of the time - in the Dewey's 24-hour Readathon. And of posting about my tbr on Friday! But here we are on Sunday evening, the readathon almost over and me only just doing this post (and hardly having read at all this weekend!).

Regardless, I thought it would still be fun to share the stack of books I had set aside to choose from over the weekend, since these are likely to be the next few books I read anyway.

Also, re the Dewey's Readathon, I really wish I had been able to join in more! I had so much fun when I participated in the one they held in August - both with the actual reading and also following along with the hourly photo challenge on Instagram (which I did also follow quite closely this time).

So, here's my mini tbr stack. I should note that I have two other books on my radar for this week that aren't in the photo - one being my next Christmas NetGalley-athon read (but what to choose??).
Click the titles to go to the goodreads page.


The Monster who Wasn't  by T.C Shelley
This is a middle-grade book with a gorgeous cover, that I kind of thought was Frankenstein-y (although I'm not sure now). In any case it looks adorable.

Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake
*Thanks to Macmillan Australia for sending me this one
The final book in the Three Dark Crowns series, I'm super excited to find out how this ends! I previously reviewed the third (not counting the novella) book in the series - Two Dark Reigns (check out my review here) - and I'm excited to see how this one finishes things.

Wearing Paper Dresses by Anne Brinsden
*This one was also kindly sent to me by Macmillan Australia
I don't know a whole lot about this one, except that I liked the sound of it when I read the blurb, and the cover is beautiful. My friend Sharon from Where the Books Go wrote a lovely review of it earlier this month, and I've book looking forward to picking it up since.

The Confession by Jessie Burton
Now I'm wishing I had photographed this stack with their covers showing, because this is another one that is absolutely beautiful (like her previous covers have also been). The Confession was actual our read for book club at Harry Hartog this month, but unfortunately I ended up being a bit too busy to go. From what I have heard it was a hit there!

So those are the next few books on my radar! I'm hoping to be sharing my thoughts on the with you here soon!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I hope you'll be able to join in the next one more. I know how much you enjoy the Dewey's Readathon!
    My mum just finished Wearing Paper Dresses and she quite liked it. She said the writing was a bit hard to get into a times, but on the whole, it was enjoyable. So I hope you enjoy it when you get there!
    I hope you have an awesome Christmas reading week, too! 💜💜

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe