Christmassy NetGalley-athon

October 16, 2019

I don't want to alarm anyone, but today marks only 10 weeks until Christmas! 
Now I know for a lot of people it's still way too early to be getting festive, but I feel like I need to be organised if I'm going to share reviews here - I want to make sure I'm recommending books in good time for you to get your hands on them! (And anyway, I do love any excuse to talk Christmas!)

10 weeks out seemed totally perfect timing to start a bit of a readathon - specifically of Christmassy titles I have review copies of through NetGalley!
There are 10 books on my NetGalley shelf I'd like to read and chat about here, so I thought I'd aim for one a week all the way up to Christmas!

These aren't the best photos (I can't figure out a good way to do a photo collage, and if I put it off I'm sure I won't get around to posting about it for another few weeks!) BUT they at least give you a glimpse of what I've got in store. I'll aim post a bit more about the books each week as they come up my TBR, probably on Wednesdays.

So, here they are:

Of note, I have both Wrapped Up IN Christmas  AND Wrapped Up FOR Christmas on my list, as well as Christmas Cow Bells (in case anyone was wondering what was the deal with the cows on the cover!).

I think I'm going to start with The Christmas Countdown by Donna Ashcroft:


Twenty-seven-year-old Holly Devine has just had her heart well and truly broken. Hurt by the two people she loves the most, she flees to her eccentric Aunt Clara’s cosy cottage to hide away over the winter season. But kind, impulsive Aunt Clara has other ideas… She’s not about to see her favourite niece wallowing in sadness during the most wonderful time of the year. So, with the help of her close circle of friends and plenty of gin, she creates a handmade advent calendar for Holly.
Every day in December, Holly opens a new door and has a different task to complete. She soon finds herself asking out a complete stranger – gorgeous, cheeky pub landlord, Finn Jackson. But as handsome Finn gets involved in her festive challenges, Holly’s determination to avoid romance is put to the test. Still, Finn’s far too carefree and single for true love, isn’t he?
As Holly begins to embrace each day – a complete makeover, building the biggest snowman she’s ever seen, singing in a karaoke contest – Finn is there adding fun and laughter to every moment. Holly starts to realise that she can become the person she’s always wanted to be…
But a secret from Finn’s past threatens to turn Holly’s Christmas upside down and makes her question everything she has experienced in the last few weeks. Will Finn open up to Holly in time to show her how he really feels? And will she complete the advent calendar challenges and fall in love this Christmas?

The Christmas Countdown is out now from Bookouture, who kindly provided me with an ecopy (via NetGalley). Pop back next week to see what I thought!

xo Bron

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Happy holiday/Christmas reading, Bron!
    Thanks for pointing out that it's only 10 weeks away =P
    I love your enthusiasm for Christmas/the holiday period.
    It's a pity you won't be in the winter wonderland this year, though.
    Great post, as always! I might have to look up some of these books. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there's always someone isn't there? =)
      Thanks so much for saying such lovely things - and you know where to come if you need recommendations haha

      Delete

Subscribe